Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ashram Chowk

Everyday while commuting from my home to office and back, I have to cross the Ashram Chowk. A swarm of vehicles waits on that road to cross a red light made for the convenience of the pedestrian crossing the road. The two wheelers, small cars, big cars, SUV's, buses every kind is there in the traffic, slowed down to the speed of 10-20Km/hr. A great leveler that ashram chowk is !!

   There's an interesting group of snake charmers, who have this special talent of cutting the traffic from left, right and centre. They move their vehicles like a snake and general people usually call them motorcyclists. I wonder how many of them have the life-insurance policies for themselves. (I won't reveal that I sometimes try to be one of them and yes, I do have an insurance policy ;) )

   Moving away from our star snake charmers, I would like to say that every morning and evening this traffic jam frustrates me and I always wish that our rulers will work someday to de-congest the chowk and make life a little easier. For starters, remove that red light and make a pedestrian bridge. IS ANYONE LISTENING???

0 comments: